COLUMBIA CITY — At approximately 3 a.m. Monday morning, Jason Snyder and his dog were awakened by a fire alarm and a house full of smoke at their trailer at 3004 North County Road 250 West.
Firefighters from the Thorncreek Fire Department, along with two Whitley County Sheriff Deputies assisted with the fire.
Upon arrival, the first crew in the house found the kitchen and living room on fire.
Assistant Fire Chief Adam Hurley said a candle could not be ruled out as the cause of the blaze.
The fire was marked under control in roughly 15 to 20 minutes and both Snyder and his dog escaped the fire safely.
The American Red Cross assisted Snyder and his dog.