Skip to main content

Super start for Sade: Churubusco blows out Fremont to open season

August 23, 2013

FREMONT— Churubusco’s football team opened the 2013 season with a dominating victory over Fremont.

‘Busco beat its conference-rival 56-0 in the first game for Paul Sade as head football coach.

With such a dominating performance, Sade said the team did well in every aspect of the game.

“We came out and we played fast and we were focused and we executed, really in all three phases of the game,” he said.

Churubusco’s first drive in the battle of the Eagle teams was a punishing 13-play march that was capped by a two-yard touchdown plunge by Cody Conwell. The score proved to be the first of three for Conwell.

To read the rest of this story, see the August 24-25 issue of The Post and Mail. Don't have a subscription? Call (260) 244-5153 or subscribe to our e-edition. For breaking news, sports updates and additional coverage, bookmark the homepage and find us on facebook and twitter.

View more articles in:
HUNTINGTON — The Whitko Lady Wildcats basketballt eam traveled south on Ind. 5 to take on a winless...
Columbia City stand-out basketball player Aubrey Wright made her college choice last week, signing...
COLUMBIA CITY — When Columbia City senior Braden Myer heads off to college in the fall, he will...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes