- Special Sections
- Spring Home Improvement 2015
State Police to Conduct Sobriety Checkpoint
In Whitley County
Whitley County, IN-The Fort Wayne District of the Indiana State Police will be conducting a sobriety checkpoint in Whitley County during the late evening hours on Wednesday, November 23rd and continuing into the early morning hours of Thursday, November 24th. In an effort to reduce the number of alcohol-related automobile crashes, the sobriety checkpoint will target the impaired driver and will be utilized in an area identified as having a high number of alcohol related crashes.
Corporal Jason House is reminding motorists to have their driverâ€™s license and vehicle registrations readily available when entering the checkpoint, so as to minimize the amount of time that they are delayed. House also offers the following tips:
* Plan ahead and always designate someone as a designated driver.
* Donâ€™t get behind the wheel of a vehicle if youâ€™ve been consuming alcoholic beverages.
* If you are impaired, please call a taxi or call a sober friend or family member to come and get you.
* If you are hosting a party, always offer alcohol-free beverages, and make sure that all of your guests leave with a sober driver.
Remember, Friends Donâ€™t Let Friends Drive Drunk. Take the keys and never let a friend leave your sight if you think that they are about to drive while impaired.