COLUMBIA CITY â€” Beginning Sunday, Millerâ€™s Merry Manor, Columbia City, will host a week-long series of special events meant to highlight and encourage communication and relationships between patients, families, communities and caregivers in the nursing center.
With the theme of â€śTeam Care: Everyone Pitches In,â€ť the activities are part of National Nursing Home Week, May 12-18, an annual observance sponsored by the American Health Care Association of Washington, DC, and the Indiana Health Care Association.
â€śAs caregivers, providing the medical and restorative treatments that a physician orders makes up just one part of a successful rehabilitation,â€ť stated Stephen C. Baker, administrator.
â€śBut when all the parties involvedâ€”patients and family members, as well as caregiversâ€”come together to build relationships and create an environment where they set goals and work together as a team to achieve them, a powerful person-centered dynamic is created, satisfaction increases, and the chances for success are multiplied.
â€śAt Millerâ€™s, we value the relationships we have with our residents and our community, and we look forward to the chance to celebrate with them during National Nursing Home Week.â€ť
Some of the weekâ€™s special events include:
- Afternoon Mothers Day Tea is set for Sunday at 2 p.m. to celebrate mothers.
- Red Hat Strutters will perform Monday at 10 a.m.
- Roy Carter will visit Tuesday at 10 a.m. He is an â€śAlan Jacksonâ€ť look alike and will perform.
- An Ice Cream Social is slated for Thursday, May 16.
- Friday, May 17 at 2 p.m. relay races and pies in the face will be featured.
- Some of the Indiana Springs Middle School choir students will perform for the May Birthday Party, Saturday May 18 at 2 p.m.
Millerâ€™s Merry Manor, is part of Millerâ€™s Health Systems, Inc., a 100 percent employee-owned company, specializing in Medicare-certified rehabilitation, senior healthcare and housing.
For more information about National Nursing Home week, call Jerilynn Johnson, activity director at 248-8101 or visit www.millersmerrymanor.com.