Skip to main content

LOCAL HISTORY: Hooper House

February 11, 2013

Post & Mail photo / Christie Barkley

The Hooper House, formerly owned by Adams Young Hooper, is one of Columbia City’s historic homes. Located at the corner of Jefferson and Chauncey Streets, the home was built in 1855 and has undergone several renovations. It now features three bedrooms, a living room, dining room and kitchen. Although the home’s exterior has fairly new paint, other modern-day amenities are missing from the building. According to real estate records, the structure has no bathrooms, range hook up or dryer hook up. Deed records list Mark Phillabaum, of Syracuse, as the current owner, but he was unavailable for comment.

Pictured is the Columbia City Park Department’s league and tournament champions — Downtown on the...
The Columbia City Main Street Association brought back the Big G’s 3-on-3 Tournament to downtown...
COLUMBIA CITY — Sounds of revving engines and the smell of exhaust filled the Grandstand Sunday...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes