Skip to main content

LOCAL HISTORY: Hooper House

February 11, 2013

Post & Mail photo / Christie Barkley

The Hooper House, formerly owned by Adams Young Hooper, is one of Columbia City’s historic homes. Located at the corner of Jefferson and Chauncey Streets, the home was built in 1855 and has undergone several renovations. It now features three bedrooms, a living room, dining room and kitchen. Although the home’s exterior has fairly new paint, other modern-day amenities are missing from the building. According to real estate records, the structure has no bathrooms, range hook up or dryer hook up. Deed records list Mark Phillabaum, of Syracuse, as the current owner, but he was unavailable for comment.

SOUTH WHITLEY — For the past four seasons Whitko’s football team has struggled in its opening game...
COLUMBIA CITY — In his pre-season comments, first-year Columbia City Eagle football coach Brett...
LAGRANGE ­— Adrian Springer and Devin Peters helped lead the Churubusco Eagles to a 31-19 victory...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes