LOCAL HISTORY: Hooper House
The Hooper House, formerly owned by Adams Young Hooper, is one of Columbia City’s historic homes. Located at the corner of Jefferson and Chauncey Streets, the home was built in 1855 and has undergone several renovations. It now features three bedrooms, a living room, dining room and kitchen. Although the home’s exterior has fairly new paint, other modern-day amenities are missing from the building. According to real estate records, the structure has no bathrooms, range hook up or dryer hook up. Deed records list Mark Phillabaum, of Syracuse, as the current owner, but he was unavailable for comment.