Skip to main content

LOCAL HISTORY: Hooper House

February 11, 2013

Post & Mail photo / Christie Barkley

The Hooper House, formerly owned by Adams Young Hooper, is one of Columbia City’s historic homes. Located at the corner of Jefferson and Chauncey Streets, the home was built in 1855 and has undergone several renovations. It now features three bedrooms, a living room, dining room and kitchen. Although the home’s exterior has fairly new paint, other modern-day amenities are missing from the building. According to real estate records, the structure has no bathrooms, range hook up or dryer hook up. Deed records list Mark Phillabaum, of Syracuse, as the current owner, but he was unavailable for comment.

CHURUBUSCO ­— Churubusco High School will have a new head volleyball coach this season with the...
Money was raised for Leadership Whitley County through a sand volleyball tournament at DeVol Field...
Recent Churubusco graduate Katie Monk signed with the University of Indianapolis for track and...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes