Skip to main content

CHIMNEY FIRE: Fire damages Whitley County home

December 28, 2012

Post & Mail photo / Brett Myers

WHITLEY COUNTY — Residents of a southeast Whitley County home escaped the burning house without injury, but left their home heavily damaged.
The house, which was located between County Roads 300 and 400 E. on Ind. 114, was damaged by a fire which began in the chimney Thursday morning at 8 a.m.

Firefighters from Jefferson, Columbia and Washington townships in Whitley County responded to the blaze at 3391 E. Ind. 114, along with departments from Allen and Huntington Counties.

Smoke detectors alerted the home owners to the fire, and both people inside the house were able to get out without injury. A volunteer firefighter was taken to the hospital complaining of chest pain.

The U.S. Fire Administration tells homeowners to test their smoke alarms at least once a month and have chimneys cleaned yearly to prevent fires.

Tri-lakes Baptist Church is playing host to a slew of youngsters this week for its High Power...
Columbia City resident Adam Neely is on a mission to preserve local lakes. Neely has been...
Columbia City High School is hosting a camp for aspiring cheerleaders. The camp is led by the high...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes