Skip to main content

CHIMNEY FIRE: Fire damages Whitley County home

December 28, 2012

Post & Mail photo / Brett Myers

WHITLEY COUNTY — Residents of a southeast Whitley County home escaped the burning house without injury, but left their home heavily damaged.
The house, which was located between County Roads 300 and 400 E. on Ind. 114, was damaged by a fire which began in the chimney Thursday morning at 8 a.m.

Firefighters from Jefferson, Columbia and Washington townships in Whitley County responded to the blaze at 3391 E. Ind. 114, along with departments from Allen and Huntington Counties.

Smoke detectors alerted the home owners to the fire, and both people inside the house were able to get out without injury. A volunteer firefighter was taken to the hospital complaining of chest pain.

The U.S. Fire Administration tells homeowners to test their smoke alarms at least once a month and have chimneys cleaned yearly to prevent fires.

SOUTH WHITLEY — Thanks to a terrific effort by Whitko Athletic Director Casey Stouffer to ready the...
ROCHESTER, Mich. — The Whitley County YMCA Rapids swim team had its most successful showing at the...
WEST LAFAYETTE — Track and field athletes from Whitko and Churubusco High Schools took part in the...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes